Re: [linux-audio-user] system freezes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] system freezes
From: Jeremiah Benham (jjbenham_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 16:09:44 EEST

Why don't you try ctrl-alt-backspace instead. Most the time when things
freeze up it is not the entire system. It is usually the xserver. If you
have kernel hacking configured in then that gives an even deeper level to
save your self. I would only use kernel hacking with the low latency patch.
From my expereince with the low latency patch it is not stable with all
versions of the kernel. If are using it try different version of the kernel
with its coresponding patch. If the ctrl-alt-backspace thing does not work
to than you have a kernel problem. Anouther option would be (if you can) to
open a anouther virtual terminal ctrl-alt-f(1-6) and log in as root and kill
everything that you were running with the program top. the pid is on the
left so hit k for kill and the pid number.

Jeremiah