Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise related to video.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise related to video.
From: Juha Erkkila (erkkila_AT_cc.jyu.fi)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 08:01:01 EET

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 05:26:41AM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> I recently installed debian and before that I had Mandrake 8.0
>
> With mandrake I had no noticable noise but using debian my card sounds
> like a helicopter. the noise seems to be directly related to anything
> moving on my monitor. I have read the audio quality howto and tried the
> no-hlt in lilo.conf. That hasn't worked.

i had something like this that was resolved by tweaking up the
setting `PCI Latency Timer' in BIOS. the default was 32, but that
gave the helicopter sounds. everything over 64 was fine, and even
everything between 0-15 worked because the kernel figured out that
the latency was too low and turned it up to 64