Re: [linux-audio-user] ecasound problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ecasound problems
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 23:30:47 EET

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> I recommend just using "ecasound -f:s16_le,2,44100 -o:outfile.ogg
> -i:alsa,plughw:0,0" and then if you need to lower the bitrate, add a "-b
> some_bitrate" option to ~/.ecasoundrc (ext-ogg-output-cmd). Not very
> elegant, but works. ;)

no, that changes nothing (except if i say the number of channels is 2,
then i get nothing - i have an m-audio delta card). it seems that the
problem is that the oggenc i have does not let me select the number of
samples nor the sample rate. i just installed a new one that has
these and more options which would not compile until i commented out the
vorbis_encode_init_vbr section in encode.c.

however, i cannot select these options for oggenc (or lame) on the command
line, but only in ~/.ecasoundrc, and i use different sample rates and
channels. if you could consider adding this functionality into ecasound
(ie: an option to pass options), it would be great.

i do want to give you thanks for eacsound, as it is very nice and
flexible, and if i record in wav format it does everything i need. maybe
i can look into adding the option i need, when i get the time.

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'