Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Module

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA Module
From: Jason (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 20:20:18 EET

true, but if you're only changing the tempo a little bit, it's faster to
do it that way, and up to a certain point it sounds better. My evidence
for this is that I happen to know that MOTU does it the way I described in
digital performer, and their time compression sounds much better to my
ears in most cases than most of the third party algorithms which take a
different approach, in which there are often glaring artifacts. The only
time I can imagine there really being a problem is if you were doing the
same amount of time change to multiple files with a lot of common
information, in which case, a great deal of phasing would occur.

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.

,