Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] interesting installation problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] interesting installation problem
From: Lincoln A. Baxter (lbaxter_AT_netreach.net)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 03:09:41 EET

Without question... reformat (low level) the drive, and repartion.
The RH distro, gives you that option as part of the standard install.

Take it, especially if you do not care about the old software. It gives
one a change to layout the File system the way you want. Also make sure
(if this is not obvious) that the boot partition is within the 1024
cylinder limit... etc. etc.

Remove all the cards but what is absolutely necessary (including sound
cards) to have a working system... then try again. (It the old eliminate
variables technique). Then add the cards back in. Seems strange...
I have some old gateways (MUCH older) running RH just fine. Went from RH 6.0 to
7.0 to 7.1
with no problem. Will probably go to 7.2 this Xmas.

I don't know if I've helped... but Good luck.

Lincoln