Re: [linux-audio-user] Brahms/SB Live/Mandrake 8.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Brahms/SB Live/Mandrake 8.1
From: Ola Andersson (mnomn_AT_mnomn.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 00:41:15 EET

Quite strange. Some sound apps seem to work (i.e output sound), others dont.
MuSE 0.4.14 didnt work. xmms works. None of these uses arts. I am using OSS
and arts.

How do I set up ALSA? I have looked all over. There is a program on the web
called alsaconf, but not for Mandrake and only version 0.4 something. I have
alsa 0.5.10 installed (but not running). Do I manully have to write script
files etc to set up ALSA (hope not) ? The documentation on alsas homepage is
no help for users trying to set it up.

/Ola A