Re: [linux-audio-user] New Years Eve

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New Years Eve
From: Darwin Marcus Johnson (schwaahed_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 08:13:32 EET

Joseph Zitt wrote:

>What i found works is to first power up into Windoze, then reboot into
>Linox. I don;t know why this works, or if there's an intermittent
>problem that has just decided to stay in remission, but so far, so
>good *fingers crossed*

I have an IBM A20p laptop that I use with the alsa beta0.9.7 driver. I
periodically
can not load the snd-cs46xx driver and the only way that I can get it to
load is to
boot into Windows 98 and start some type of sound program that uses
sound. Then
when I boot back into linux if is fine. The error I get in linux is that
the alsa modules
can not be loaded because the sound device is busy. This is alleviated
by the windows
reboot.

-Darwin