[linux-audio-user] the mystery of the disappearing sound card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] the mystery of the disappearing sound card
From: iriXx (irixx_AT_irixx.org)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 15:15:37 EET

hi all

i have a strange problem here... not your average sound card config question.

it seems my device doesnt exist!

i have a Turtle Beach Pinnacle rev E, which i have successfully
installed on my previous versions of Mandrake with a few hacks to
/etc/modules.conf and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit....
its a difficult card to configure, but not impossible, it is supported...

i've just installed mandrake 8.1, and tried my usual hacks but they're
not working this time...

having a look in /proc/interrupts it seems my card has disappeared!!!

its supposed to be on irq=10, but its not listed....

i do have a *lot* of stuff in my machine... it does this and disappears
from time to time in That Other OS too...

so i tried the other well-known trick, booting into windoze,
initialising the card and then booting into linux....
still no luck...

any ideas on how i can get it to recognise the device?... will i need to
mknod or something?...

thanx in advance,

miriam

--

iriXx

www.iriXx.org

"you can try the best you can... you can try the best you can... ...the best you can is good enough"

thom yorke / radiohead