Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Introduction
From: Gary Counsellor (sineigs_AT_eskimo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 20:03:05 EET

> It always suprises me that musicians are content on using the same guitars
> (Strato or Les Paul), synths (not much has happened here either, JV1080,
> JP8000, Trinity, the few Novations, maybe Nordlead), sampler ([EAS]xxxx),
> programs (Protools, Acid, nowadays Reason) effects, etc as everyone else.
> It's as if it already wasn't difficult enough to make yourself noticed. I
> think this is one aspect of Linux that should be of interest to musicians
> (at least the more creative ones).

Please be careful with wording. I understand a persons need to stand out
from the ordinary but the use of traditional instruments does not make one
less creative any more than the use of avante-garde tools making anyone more
creative. In the past several million years we never been able to invent
a instrument that sounds more like two stones or two sticks being beaten
together than two stones or two sticks being beaten together. But we have
invented many sounds and methods to create sounds that never existed until
now. We are aware of creativity only as it is expressed. It is in that
expression that we, the creators, find what ever it is that facinates us or
excites us.