Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello! greetings from a new subscriber

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Hello! greetings from a new subscriber
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 13:43:39 EET

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:32:27 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > I am also currently working on my free time on a Yamaha DX7 emulator,
> > which is a synth I allways wanted to have but never had the money to afford :(
>
> Oh, I love this idea. I spend some time researchin the DX7 myself. As I'm
> no C++-coder, I did realize a DX7 emu in the software synth PD, it is

I am a fellow DX7 addict. Please don't clone the interface! My first MIDI
program was a DX7 patch editor/librarian for the Amiga. I'l gladly help
with any C translation questions you might have and/or write an LCP
interface to it, though it might be better as a jack app.

[more of an l-a-d question] Out of curiosity, can you tell me how much
antialiasing code you put in? I've heard that an important part of the DX7
sound was the aliasing.

- Steve