Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 21:58:28 EET

Hi Enrico,

Enrico Adami hat gesagt: // Enrico Adami wrote:

> I am the owner of a pro studio of music recording, i am also a new user of
> Gnu/Linux Suse 7.3. Before i used win2k and Cubase Vst 32 R1. I need pro (or
> similar) audio software (i have seen al lot of software but i don't know
> wich is pro or not) for my Pc (with 2 RME hammerfall Digi 9652) .
Make sure, you have the alsa drivers for these installed.
> I need for example a multitraks hd recording, a mixer with the aux
> possibility (every misician needs to hear what he plays and what the
> others play in different channels) and so on until a good software to
> burn audio CDs.
> Could anyone help me?

I doubt, that any really pro-level software for linux is ready , but
there is "similar" software and software that aims to get "pro" ASAP.

To that I would count Ardour, which is a pro hd recorder and MusE, which is
getting pro in it's midi implementation. Both can be difficult to compile,
and you have to compile then, as there are no binaries yet. A lot easier to
setup is ecasound, that's also a very capable hd recorder, but it is
command line only and has no nice gui.

For audio CD's there's cdrecord and cdrdao, command line tools, also, but
you can find a lot of nice frontends on freshmeat.net. Ardour supports
burning directly IIRC, but I never tried this.

All this software is linked from www.linuxsound.at and its mirrors.

bye,

--
                                                 __    __