Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 00:20:04 EET

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 04:34:51PM -0500, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> A couple of college kids wanted to make web graphics in Linux. It
> originally used Motif. I think they might have gotten school credit also.
> I think what made it successful was its lisp underbelly, which I think
> made it "the emacs of graphics."

That's important, but also remember that it implements maybe 90% of
Photoshop's functionality with a pretty similar interface. In a field
where one app is the undisputed king, this really helps people get
started using it.

--

paul winkler home: http://www.slinkp.com music: http://www.reacharms.com calendars: http://www.calendargalaxy.com