Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!
From: Jason (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 01:17:40 EET

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> I really enjoyed your response expcept for this paragraph. I wasn't sure
> what you meant. Is there an organisation for vi or emacs, the two
> successful programs you mentioned?
I think the fundamental difference there is that vi and emacs, as
complicated as they are, are a few orders of magnitude simpler than real
time multimedia authoring. I could be wrong there, I've never really
looked into it though. You raise a good point though, when one looks at
GNU/Emacs, or vim, the most commons version of those families of programs,
they are based on earlier proven models where the feature set was known,
and the goals of creation were relatively one dimensional, and while most
people I know use GNU/Emacs or vim, look at all the other available
versions of those programs. I know that the audio community will get to
that point someday, I just wish it would happen sooner rather than later,
which is what the current trajectory seems to be.

I think I'm up to what, a nickel now?

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.

,