Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Pro Audio Software RANT!!!
From: Linium (intent_AT_club-internet.fr)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 20:53:20 EET

Le Dimanche 27 Janvier 2002 03:41, vous avez écrit :

>> But you say that the motives behind writing free software is the personal
>> need of the author.
> No, no. I said it's good to note the motives. As I can't speak for others,
> I gave one of my motives as an example. And it's certainly a motive I
> believe many other audio app authors have, but certainly not the only one!

Yes, I should have say:
"But you say that one of the motives behind writing free software is the
personal need of the author".
An error.

BTW, In your original post you were asking about the motives behind the Gimp.
Here is the story of the begining:

http://www.math.columbia.edu/online/Gimp/gimpdoc-html/whatis.html#446224

Linium