Re: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Basic Linux Sound card
From: Charles G Waldman (cgw_AT_alum.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 22:02:51 EET

Len Moskowitz writes:

> The M-Audio Audiophile 2496 retails for US$150.

Yeah, and if anybody has one of these, and has it working with ALSA,
and has the SPDIF inputs functional, I want to know about it!!!

I own one of these, I got it at a very reasonable price, digital I/O
was a must-have for me, but considering the absurd amount of time I've
wasted trying to get it to work (with incomplete success), I'm sort of
wishing I had bought an RME Hammerfall or something.