Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] HOWTO use Miditrackers with Softsynths [was: midi loopback or somesuch]
From: Nathaniel Virgo (nev_AT_spectragon.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 19:14:05 EET

On Saturday 23 February 2002 11:40, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> I don't know what's going on here. Is it a 0.9.0 ALSA, that you are
> using? First you could try to manually insert the virmidi module. Just
> remove above lines from your /etc/modules.comf, then do a "modprobe
> snd-card-virmidi". This should at least insert the virmidi module, check
> with "lsmod | grep virmidi". If this does not work, there's probably
> something wrong with your alsa modules.

manually modprobing snd-card-virmidi gives the same series of error messages.
ALSA version is

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 0.5.11.
Compiled on Sep 28 2001 for kernel 2.4.10-4GB.

does it need to be 0.9 for virmidi to work?

I hope there is nothing wrong with my alsa modules, because one of my main
reasons for moving to SuSE was that I was having way too much difficulty
configuring ALSA under Mandrake, and SuSE installs it automatically.
Is there a 0.9 alsa rpm? I don't really fancy trying to install it from
source again.

thanks,
Nathaniel.