RE: [linux-audio-user] A couple of points on the state of linux a udio apps

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] A couple of points on the state of linux a udio apps
From: Stéphane Rollandin (hepta_AT_infonie.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 15:51:07 EET

>Another problem is: What version of the software is rated?
>E.g. someone dislikes V 1.0 of an app and but likes
>V 2.0. How would you handle this?
>Ratings for versions?
>But what is with software that changes versions every week, or so???

ideally, ratings should indeed refer to a specific version

but the bottom line, IMHO, is that ratings should not be over-emphasized
(is that correct english ?). ratings have important drawbacks: fast
judgments may be plain wrong (this is why I think comments are very
important), people giving ratings are not representative of the user base
(and usually there are only very few of them), it is not clear at all which
aspect of a given program is actually being rated.

Stef