Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A good MIDI sequencer.
From: Joerg Anders (j.anders_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 13:16:52 EEST

jordan muscott wrote:

> don't whine about the authors' choice of toolkits. if you want a
> ncurses or xlib-based sequencer, write one.

Perhaps from the point of view of one of "the authors"
(NoteEdit) I can explain it quoting from the mails I
got:

  "If have a 17'' monitor and use 1600x1024 pixels.
   I cannot recognise the icons. They are too small.
   Please build larger icons!"

        (I answerd: "What is the sense of configuring a 17''
         monitor with 1600x1024 pixels?" I got 1000 reasons
         for this as answer.)

   "I have a 14'' monitor and user 640x480 pixels.
    The icons are too big, the toolbars too high.
    No space lefts for the score! Please build
    smaller icons"

Try to answer this without any KDE term! In KDE there
is a feature: right mouse click on toolbar: choose one
of 3 possible sizes.

I could quote still other sentences from other mails.
The discussion is very interesting: The users want
big funtionallity but they hate the libraries which
contain this funtionallity.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)