Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd,DPhillips .scms on yellowdog 2.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: snd,DPhillips .scms on yellowdog 2.2
From: matt yee-king (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Sun May 26 2002 - 06:37:10 EEST

Hi Keith

I'm running YDL 2.1 on a pbook g4 ...

> Yes,I compiled 'snd' myself --with-ladspa config flag _after_ I'd
> installed/compiled ladspa.sdk,cmt and swh-plugins. This seemed to
> work,although when I tried it with xmms_ladspa it doesn't!! So maybe I will
> compile everything again... Oh yeah,LadspaToy freezes my computer everytime
> I try it. So,still no ladspa processed sound yet.

ladspa works fine on mine, for what its worth.

> This is my _main_ question,then. YDL uses gtk+ and lesstif.
> I want to install openmotif but the dependency problems are too great(for
> me). Is there a way I can install openmotif for 'snd' _only_? 'snd' will
> ./configure with openmotif? --with-openmotif or just --with-motif ???. If
> anyone has successfully installed 'snd' with motif or openmotif on a Mac
> G3/G4 running YDL(I know,why would you do this? -I can also run my Mac IRCAM
> software) I'd really like to hear from you :-)

why would you run linux on a powerbook you mean? i can think of lots of
reasons!

as for openmotif, i installed it pretty easily from rpms as i remember -
whats the problem you are having?

> Trying to install alsa-driver-0.9.0rc1 is a problem. Keep getting a 'clock
> skew detected.Your build may be incomplete' message during make. Never had
> that before,honest. hmmm...I've heard that alsa-driver-0.5.12a may be more
> forgiving,although of course not supported.
> So,anyway,still no 'midi' sound at present.

after much pain trying to get alsa 0.9x working, i ended using alsa from
cvs. theres instructions how to get it here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/download.php3

- matthew