[linux-audio-user] recommended usb midi interfaces?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] recommended usb midi interfaces?
From: Will Benton (willb_AT_cs.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 20:07:11 EEST

In a related vein to the USB midi driver discussion, what do people
recommend for a USB midi controller or interface? I'm looking for
something fairly cheap but not (too) crappy. I've looked at the
Roland PC-300 and the Oxygen 8 for controllers and the Midisport 2x2
and Roland UM-1 for interfaces. There is a lot of negative buzz about
the Oxygen 8 on Usenet, but the knobs seem pretty useful. I haven't
heard anything about the PC-300, but it seems pretty compact. What
are people using, and what seems to work well?

thanks,
wb

--
Will Benton      | "Die richtige Methode der Philosophie wäre eigentlich
willb_AT_acm.org    |  die: Nichts zu sagen, als was sich sagen läßt...."