Re: [linux-audio-user] recommended usb midi interfaces?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recommended usb midi interfaces?
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 12:09:47 EEST

Hi,
Will Benton hat gesagt: // Will Benton wrote:

> In a related vein to the USB midi driver discussion, what do people
> recommend for a USB midi controller or interface? I'm looking for
> something fairly cheap but not (too) crappy. I've looked at the
> Roland PC-300 and the Oxygen 8 for controllers and the Midisport 2x2
> and Roland UM-1 for interfaces. There is a lot of negative buzz about
> the Oxygen 8 on Usenet, but the knobs seem pretty useful.
I have an Oxygen 8, and I also had an Miditech <what_was_the_name?>
keyboard that looks a lot like the Oxygen, but doesn't have the USB
part. This Midtech was total junk, IMO, so I brought it back to the
dealer and took the Oxygen instead. I do not use the USB midi, just
the normal midi out of the Oxygen.

I like this keyboard quite well, especially the knobs of course.
Because I'm a sax player, not a keyboarder, I think the the keys are
okay, but they probably feel a bit cheap for someone used to 'real'
keyboards. A friend of mine also has an Oxygen 8 and thinks it's el
cheapo, but overall works fine.

Now I want more buttons and also some sliders, yep ;)

ciao,