Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 12:14:45 EEST

> Some Linux enthusiasts are, in my opinion, much too quick to tell
> people they have to install a patched and/or custom-configured
> kernel.

I agree with Jordan on this one - I don't use a patched kernel at all, just
the stock kernel from my distribution (why do I feel this is a shameful
admission to make here :) )
I simply don't have the need, playing stuff with my midi keyboard is fine,
tweaking sounds on the fly is fine, even processing audio through ssm realtime
is ok - just a matter of tweaking the buffer sizes etc. Perhaps I have latent
ears or something.

Dave

: www.pawfal.org :