Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff/ linux audio on an a1200

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff/ linux audio on an a1200
From: Matthew Yee-King (yeeking_AT_no-future.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 12:38:59 EEST

Hello!

I like the fact that you have the /option/ of getting your hands really dirty and fiddling with nuances of the kernel if you like. I've never tried a low latency patch myself, but its good to know its there for the hardy linux fiddler.

It can be a real buzz to get 'under the bonnet/ hood' and come out with a working interface or a lighting fast kernel or a better graphics set up. I find it difficult to explain the validity of these achievements to my girlfriend, but ...

I do find that you have to strike a balance between productivity and system optimisation. And thats down to the individual to pitch.

ON another tack, Anyone got linux + audio going on an amiga 1200? must be able to run tektracker or something! i'm gonna try this weekend since i've just blagged a 1.4gig 2.5 inch hd.

best

matthew