Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording dat quality.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Recording dat quality.
From: Mel Steinberg (saxofon_AT_pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 09:09:18 EEST

I had the same trouble trying to record audio with Broadcast2000 (with
SuSE8.0), which I never had with Alsa 0.5.x. Is there any chance that
SuSE will put some Alsa and Alsa-Driver updates (as they do with new
NVidia graphics drivers) on the YaST On-line Update service? I'm
"tarball-impaired," and when I downloaded and installed the latest Alsa
and Alsa-Driver RPMs from your personal ftp area, following your
directions, I wound up crashing the whole system (segfaults, etc.). I
reinstalled 8.0 with the "/" partition not reformatted, and got it all
back, including datafiles. The only damage was updated files being
replaced with the originals (KDE3.0.1>3.0, etc.).