Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] icky low level linux stuff
From: Rob Kudla (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 18:46:29 EEST

On Saturday 27 July 2002 04:53, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> I wouldn't know how to get a CD
> title in Konqueror for instance...

The answer (at least in KDE 2.2) is that you actually can't. I'll
probably end up writing a Tcl app that he can "Open with..." to give him
the CD title of the current directory if it's on a mounted CD.

But it wasn't relevant to audio at all; CD titles are an ISO9660 thing as
far as I know. I was just using it as an example of the small speed bumps
Windows users face when moving to Linux as opposed to the completely
impossible ones many Linux and Windows users think there are.

Rob