Re: [linux-audio-user] Maybe coming ack.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Maybe coming ack.
From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas (plcl_AT_telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 01:20:46 EEST

El Jue 25 Jul 2002 20:47, Joseph Zitt escribió:
> What I really, really need is for someone with the skills and patience
> to sit down with me and the PC, and my hardware (Roland UA-30 USB Audio
> Interface, Iomega USB Zip-CD burner, Midiman Oxygen 8 USB MIDI keyboard,
> hooked up to a Dell Latitude D266XT laptop
> So... possible?

I'm living at Barcelona (Spain), very far away to sit down with you, but close
up enough to try help you by mail, if you want.

I use to play with two USB-MIDI devices, one of them is a Midiman Midisport
2x2. It's not the same as your Oxygen 8, but perhaps there are good news:
your keyboard seems an "ezusb" device AFAIK, and there is a GPL firmware for
it, working with the new snd-usb-midi ALSA driver. The bad news are that all
of this stuff is very new, and there are not deb/RPM packages ready. Prepare
yourself to compile, cp, mv, rm and so. (And a lot of patience, also).

When you were ready, let me know, if you don't mind my bad English.

Regards,
Pedro.