Re: [linux-audio-user] Gnome/Alsa installation?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Gnome/Alsa installation?
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 03:57:12 EEST

> Hello. I recently installed RedHat 7.3. While Alsa installation
> is well documented (but not in RH7.3), could somebody explane how
> to remove existing sound drivers

If the /etc/modules.conf file was modified and there are no
lines there that link to the oss free sound drivers a reboot
should get rid of all loaded modules (obviously you can also
go through the list of loaded modules and remove the oss sound
drivers by hand before loading alsa).

> and Gnome sound server?

Go to the Gnome menu, select "Settings", "Multimedia" and
"Sound" and uncheck the "Enable sound server startup"
checkmark. That probably will not kill the server right away
so you will have to logout and login again (I think).

-- Fernando