Re: [linux-audio-user] So what's your laptop sound like ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] So what's your laptop sound like ?
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 04:12:47 EEST

This is a very interesting topic, I've been making do with just the
audio in/out on my i810 soundcard, but its very limited. It would be
ideal if the edirol usb devices worked with linux because they're under
$100 and they have a digital i/o usb device for $79. I haven't spent any
money on usb devices because I was afraid they're too hard to install. I
was thinking of getting a serial midi device, but wasn't sure if usb
midi was going to be a lot better and worth waiting for. My friend has
an all 24 bit 96 khz digital studio that I want to collaborate with, but
I would ultimately need digital i/o for my laptop to collaborate without
adding any noise. Maybe that's overkill and the maduio quattro might be
good enough and has both audio and midi, I've seen that people have been
using roland usb midi devices,

--
http://www.brianredfern.com
;-)>