Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for new users?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for new users?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 15:45:32 EEST

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 12:10:11 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> I like galan a lot too. I should really install one of the latest versions, I
> haven't tried it for a while.
>
> The only thing I didn't like was the seperate control and audio connection
> types - but that's one of the reasons I made SSM the way it is.

And a great thing it is too.

The other thing people should learn from CV sytems, is that frequency
is best represented as octaves, eg. 1volt (or 1.0f) per octave.

It generally makes much more sense when you come to modulate, say cutoff
frequency of a filter with a symetric LFO, or use a mixer to combine
sequencers, etc.

- Steve