Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 02:09:08 EET

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 08:00:04AM -0700, Darren Landrum wrote:
> Generating an image on the fly and having them write the contents of
> the image into a form field? While it would still be possible to
> automate that, it would be much more difficult. Does anyone object or
> have any other ideas?

That's not too hard to implement, and it seems to help. Paypal uses this
to help reduce fraud, and they saw something like a 90% decrease
after instituting this system. The tricky thing about what paypal
does is that they make their images rather nasty looking on purpose,
to make it harder to use OCR on them, but they are
still human-readable. I don't know what the algorithm for
making them look gunky is.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's PACIFIST MATHEMATICIAN OF DESPAIR! (courtesy of isometric.spaceninja.com)