Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.1
From: Maarten de Boer (mdeboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 18:08:48 EET

> Yes tapir is very nice thanks!
> A couple of comments:
> I thought it might be usefull to have a "clear" or "bypass" button, easily
> accesible. That would be usefull when it starts getting crazy with all the
> delays and feedback.

yes, that's more or less what mark said as well.

> What about the IR window ? I can get anything there, just an empty window(
> divided in three parts if I can recall corectly) Maybe I have to RTFM cause I
> haven't.

it calculates the impulse response of the current settings. when you have very
long delays, it won't show. try for example:

tap 1 input mixer:
left and gain fully open, and tap 1 input (==feedback) almost fully open

left output mix:
tap 1 input and gain fully open.

now look at the ir window. you should see an exp. decaying curve.
now set the delay time from tap 1 to 2 or 3 samples, and look again.
this should make clear what happens.

maarten

maarten