Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux and hardware samplers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux and hardware samplers
From: James Greenwood (jamesg_AT_ukshells.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 14:53:28 EEST

tim wrote:
> > I want to get Linux and a hardware sampler talking to each other more
> > effectively. Specifically the following:
> [snip]
>
> well, it looks like no one has any good news for you!
>
> does it do spdif/aesebu backups/restores?

No, I don't think so. It has spdif, but just for digital audio
outputs/inputs. This is how I would transfer samples if there was no
other way.

> > What about other options? I could get rid of the sampler altogether -
> > then to get the same number of outputs I'd need to upgrade my soundcard -
> > but anyway, what Linux software is there that could replace a hardware
> > sampler while probably retaining a sampler-like way of working?
>
> exactly.

So what about ones that require a different way of working? Maybe it's
time to learn a new way of working!

> good luck!

Thanks very much !!

James

--
James Greenwood | jamesg_AT_ukshells.co.uk

If you put in the work, the results will look after themselves -- Nick Leeson's mother