Re: Re: [linux-audio-user] hydrogen with jack_transport

Subject: Re: Re: [linux-audio-user] hydrogen with jack_transport
From: Martin Buechler (martin.buechler_AT_vrweb.de)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 00:59:10 EEST

Hi,

Comix wrote:

> Hi all, the current stable version has not any control-related features!
> You can find some experiments and hacks with MMC in the CVS, it should
> work with ardour.

Yes, ardour stops hydrogen, but does not start it, since

- ardour(0.9beta1) does not send DEFERRED PLAY
- libhydrogen does not call startPlay()

when they are supposed to do so.
But, quite easy hack to get them there. Though, I still had to adjust
the recorded track in ardour, which is definitely not what I want. But
wait....
> ..some days ago I discovered the Jack-Transport API...guys, this API
> is fantastic! :)
> In my local hydrogen copy I have a full controlled app (start, stop,
> position...) and works without problem as a jack-transport slave
> (ardour is hte master)...so be patient ;)
> however I made a commit yesterday adding the Jack-transport feature
> (caution, is very experimental!!!!)

Absolutely cool. It works like a charm. Forget about MMC, MTC.

VIVA JACK! VIVA ARDOUR! VIVA HYDROGEN! VIVA PLANETCCRMA!

Martin