Re: [linux-audio-user] offline processing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] offline processing
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 04:30:18 EET

--- Jack O'Quin <joq_AT_io.com> wrote:

> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 07:40:52AM -0800, R Parker
> wrote:
> > > stereo file in ardour to jamin input, jamin out
> > > hardware
>
> This doesn't work because the device is out of the
> loop.

My chain was Ardour -> JAMin -> Ardour. I wrote the
wrong thing.

As Steve
> said, you can capture the result to another ardour
> track or use a
> different recorder, like jackrec or ecasound. But
> you can't listen
> while doing it, so it's not very useful for
> mastering.

Assuming freewheel/freeze, whatever it's called,
accurately produces the result of the signal chain
then it's useful. The mixing and mastering are done
and I know what it sounds like. Now process hte jack
graph to a file. This eliminates the need to open
another application and the processing is faster than
realtime. Am I missing something?

ron