Re: [linux-audio-user] suggested Window Manager good for audio?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] suggested Window Manager good for audio?
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 02:11:32 EET

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 12:24:35AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Florian Schmidt hat gesagt: // Florian Schmidt wrote:
>
> > try xfce4. It's nice, not too resourec hungry, and doesn't seem to
> > interfere by having sound daemons, etc.. Actually it brings its own
> > panel, taskbar, etc, with it..
> >
> > The file manager isn't as great, but i am a shell monkey anyway :)
>
> Me too, but recently I discovered the Xfe filemanager. Nice, fast, not
> bloated, worth a try even for guys who use other filemanagers like:
> mv, cp, mkdir, ls (optional: geeks use TAB), rm (optional, too: geeks
> use /dev/null)

While we're on the subject... do any of the graphical file managers
do tab completion or something like it? I like the look of file
managers but i don't like point-click-point-click-scroll-click-point-etc.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's WARRIOR COSMONAUT! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)