Re: [linux-audio-user] drum loops, samples,

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] drum loops, samples,
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 12:30:44 EET

> know to avoid delay
> timings between 50-120 mS on vocals, for example, as this is
> approximately the length of a short syllable or at least roughly
> the length of time it takes to recognise a segment of vocal sound
> as linguistically meaningful

Although this can be an effect in its own right - last week we were
trying out LADSPA Tape Delay, trying to get the sound of a Watkins
Copicat (explanatory picture follows for the post-analogue
generation):

http://www.chrisguitars.com/wem-copy.jpg

Using a short delay and about 2 taps, we managed to get the sound we
were after. Maybe we need a user-contributed bank of presets for all
the LADSPA plugins - it's much easier to get started from a good
basic effect.

Cheers

Daniel