Re: [linux-audio-user] how to make usb audio sit nicely with jack?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] how to make usb audio sit nicely with jack?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 13:01:52 EET

Kent, Gary wrote:
> Hi:
> I set up my USB 2-channel audio interface (Event EZbus) this
> weekend. Amazingly, when I plugged it in, up comes this panel asking me
> if I wanted to configure it! I didn't expect to get even this much for
> something that had no driver! After a day of working with it, it came
> down to 2 choices:

What distro are you running?

> 1) I could have my usb audio interface working, but not at the
> same time as jack or any jack dependent programs that I had set up (such
> as zynaddsubfx, muse). Also, jack gives 'pcm' errors and then shuts
> down.

Could be many things. Do you have low latency patches installed? Is your
/tmp dir mounted in RAM?

What period size are you using for jack?

USB devices work best at 48000hz, if you are running it at 44100 then
you may need a very high period size. 2048 or 4096

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM