Re: [linux-audio-user] configuring grub

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] configuring grub
From: Cournapeau David (cournape_AT_enst.fr)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 07:51:11 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:

> I see your point, it would be better to do that, wouldn't it ? Can we
> simply copy the contents of one boot partition to the other, or is that
> just too simple a solution to be workable ?

I think so, but you should do it from a repair cd, to avoid messing with
the running system.

For example, I had a problem with my /usr partition, which was too
small, so I shrinked my windows partition, created a new partition for
/usr/share, and simply copied the content of /usr/share to the new
partition from a install Debian CD (any install Cd which give you a
shell works, I presume)

Just edited my fstab, worked without problem. I don't see why /boot
would be different in that case.

david