Re: [linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk
From: Stanley Jaddoe (linux-audio-user_AT_terabytemusic.cjb.net)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 00:40:15 EEST

On Saturday 17 July 2004 19:10, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> IMHO, there is nothing more appropriate for these tasks than the Ardour
> mixer interface. As I state usually in this line of useage, it is a
> massive underuse of Ardour and all of it's other capabilities but I use
> it's mixer interface live for gigs and it is all of the things you want
> plus a LOT more when you have the need.

IMHO, a harddisk recorder and mixing desk are two seperate functions. I really
hope Mr. Davis agrees and will split the mixing part from the harddisk
recording part.

The mixing part of Ardour could then be developed as a seperate 'full fledged'
JACK mixing desk. Of course, this seperate mixer can be reused by the
harddisk recording part of Ardour.