Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware - Solved for now?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware - Solved for now?
From: Matthew Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 08:08:28 EEST

->I have the same mobo and processor. I couldn't find anywhere in the
Award BIOS to over clock? Where iz? And I think mine only runs at 166mhz
fsb. It has 333mhz DDR RAM.<-

I could be wrong, but I don't think that with that memory you'd want to
clock the system bus past 166 (since it's "DDR" -- "double data rate"
RAM, the actual FSB clock is half of what it says it is)... and I think
that after a certain point AMD started locking the multiplier capability
in their athlons since people were overclocking them so much, so you
can't set the multiplier in the BIOS (I've heard of some workarounds
that require a CPU modification, but I don't know if they work now). If
you got some faster memory, though, you could probably overclock the
bus. Am I right about this?