Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Subject: Re: Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 21:44:56 EET

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 13:51 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> I really like the philosophy of not letting any closed source drivers
> into the kernel. In the end i only saw people upset because their XY
> nvidia or ATI driver wasn't working.

That's a perfectly valid point. But for every disgruntled nvidia user
there are 100 who are just happy to be able to play UT2004. As Jan
said, open source is not a religion for every Linux user, and like it or
not, if you have superior hardware and good drivers there are many Linux
users who will buy your gear, open source or not.

Lee