Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI confusion

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI confusion
From: Christoph Eckert (mchristoph.eckert_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 16:56:51 EET

> After spending a few days on this, I found that I started
> in Lee's camp, bpt fairly quickly moved to Robert's.  While
> it's non-intuitive to a total MIDI n00b such as myself,
> once I realized that I use the connection program of my
> choice (qjackctl, in my case), it is a straightforward
> thing to make the connections.
>
> ZynAddSubFX is at least consistent in its approach; it
> doesn't make any connections to audio output channels,
> either.  You have to use a Jack routing program for that as
> well.

I think that it would be hellpful if programs would remember
the last used connections and would off the possibility to
make audio and MIDI connections from within a popup or
similar in the program. This would really increase the
accessibility and usability of audio applications and make it
easier for starters.

Just my two Cents,

    ce