Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm in Andrew Morton's latest kernel patchset

From: Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 01:12:50 EET

Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Many kernel developers opposed this. It *is* something of a hack.
> But, no one has been able to come up with a better solution, and this
> one at least looks safe. I expect it to be replaced by something
> better in the 2.8 timeframe.

Whoa... like in two or more years from now :-(

Is there any extra reasonable lobbying the rest of us
could do ?

I tried the patches but my system fell over, probably
for other reasons (nvidia etc). I hope to try again rsn.

FWIW the -mm2 patch would not apply over a Gentoo patched
kernel but a "normal" kernel, 2.6.10 + rc3 + mm2, would
not load the nvidia-kernel (amd64) Gentoo ebuilt module.

--markc