Re: [linux-audio-user] AMD64 with Linux audio applications?

From: Noah Roberts <roberts.noah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 20:11:48 EET

I have an amd64 running in 64 bit mode. There honestly isn't much
reason to get a 64 if you are going to run in 32 bit mode...They are
way more expensive than the 32 bit counterparts and don't offer enough
extra in 32 bit mode.

In 64 bit mode there are some issues with audio applications. Some
instabilities and strange behaviors. For instance ardour does odd
things and sometimes freezes when you close it. Jack then thinks
ardour is still running when you try and start it again...don't know
which is having the bug.

So, if you want to build an audio machine I would not necissarily get
an AMD64. In fact I have recently been thinking of replacing mine
with a 32 so it works better.