Re: [linux-audio-user] virmidi and 2.6.14 (Demudi)

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 13:41:51 EET

Clemens Ladisch escribe:
> A virmidi port has two ends: a rawmidi port and a sequencer port.
> Anything written to the rawmidi device will be sent to all ports connnected
> to the sequencer port, but cannot be read back from /dev/midi?.
> Any messages arriving at the sequencer port can be read from the rawmidi
> device, but are not sent to any other sequencer port.

Does this mean that a virmidi port just serves for sending copies of
MIDI data to different sequencers/sound generators?

Can I use vkeybd or a MIDI keyboard connected to the MIDI in of a MIDI
interface to play a virtual synthesizer without using virmidi?

Thanks for any comments.

Cordially, Ismael

--
Dropping science like when Galileo dropped his orange