Re: [linux-audio-user] Free Music Factory

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 17:49:47 EET

Ok so the next question is how best to handle this in an open format on
the web.

I was thinking of doing something like a forum with the ability to
attach files, but I really dont think this is the best idea. The things
I would like to be able to do is have the ability for people to start
lines of work on each project, post up a track and have others listen to
it and add their track seperately so that others can listen to them and
add one themselves, keeping each track seperate if possible for someone
to come in and mix it all down afterwards. Now snapshots could be taken
by each musician of course of a mix up to that point they made, but I
would definitly think it would be best served keeping each track
individual until the final mixdown so as not to limit the mixdown
process(Of course I am first an engineer of decent quality, secondly a
musician of a poor quality, so this may be a bit biased;)

The other thing important about this is the ability to have a running
conversation between all those involved, possibly an initial concept
statement from the first person to post up a track, with the ability to
be modified later on?

Discussion and ideas are welcome here.

     Seablade