Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Removing AC hum after the fact.

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 23:58:26 EEST

On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:29:19 +0200
Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Monday 29 May 2006 20:22, Alex Polite:
> > Thanks. I tried the one in audacity but it didn't do me any good.
>
> That must be some son-of-a-gun *hum* you got there. Could you post a snippet
> somewhere? I'm a hum collector. Yes, really. Thanks in advance.

Actually from what he describes it's not uncommon. My guess is that it
has been picked up electrostatically rather than electromagnetically so
the upper harmonics will be very much stronger, and indeed may be far
stronger than the fundamental. I bet the recording device had an ultra
cheap, high Z pietzo microphone too :(

All of which is no help of course!