[linux-audio-user] Re: Removing AC hum after the fact.

From: Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 20:16:27 EEST

Thanks for all the input.

I did some experimentation with jamin. Cutting of everything below 300
Hz sure helped alot. But the harmonics went right through the speech
spectrum so canceling them all out pretty much meant canceling the
speech out as well.

I found freqtweak and hooked that up. It did produce a very beautiful
spectrogram but it didn't solve my problem.

I need something smarter. Something that will 1) take a few seconds
of audio when there's no speech (only hum) and treat that as a
baseline. 2) Reduce the frequencies all over by that baseline.

In effect analyzing the tool would look at the hum and create a filter
that matches it exactly. I guess there's a word for that?

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source