Re: [linux-audio-user] New music online - website revisited

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 25 2006 - 21:58:06 EET

On Saturday 25 November 2006 12:23, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi all!
> There's a new piece online at:
> http://www.juliencoder.de/songs/hippie_heart.ogg
> It's a bit of a roller-coaster, all in all rather calm and harmonic. I
> touch a bit of progrock there and synth-music and a bit of completely weird
> - and probably senseless - ethnic there.
> The website now has fixed colours and the line-height of the lists is
> increased. Please could someone validate the look of it? Beside it's now
> valid xhtml/1.0.
> The main link for the English version is:
> http://www.juliencoder.de/en/main.html
> Thanks for any feedback! It's highly appreciated!
> Kindest regards
> Julien

Hi Julien. That's a really nice track. It's long, but you don't lose interest
because there are lots of changes. Part of it sounded a bit like the Moody
Blues album "Days of Future Past", a bit psychedelic. I presume the vocals
are your own, and must admit took me a bit by surprise at first, but soon
settled into them. You've got that sort of Leonard Cohen sound, quite dry,
and it works well with the whole tune.

I must look on your site for other stuff. I just havn't got around to it yet.

Thanks for the music.

Nigel.