Re: [LAU] Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty--musicisjustone path

From: Chuck Martin <dsdhpnw02@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 09:05:18 EEST

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 12:37:28AM -0400, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> Btw, one other ET I've come across and read about is 31-tET. I'm not
> sure what its advantages are offhand, but Adriaan Fokker espoused it,
> and he's well-respected in some circles. I also seem to recall

Now that you mention it, I recall reading about that one, too. Again,
thirds are more in tune than the 12, 19, or 22 tone scales, while fifths
are less in tune than the 12 tone scale, but more in tune than the 19
and 22 tone scales (this from some quick calculation in a spreadsheet).
Of course, the more notes you have in an octave, the more difficult it
will be to play on any instrument in real time.

Chuck